Hello and welcome to the Visitor Chat blog. In this post we will share tips and advice to help businesses and employees working within the automotive industry to be more successful.
That might be selling more cars or other vehicles, it might be selling parts, it might be selling services. Or it might be in gathering leads for other members of the team to convert into sales.
In this article we are going to look at ways of creating new leads for automobile sales…
Five Simple methods of Lead Generation for Car Sales Teams
- Use Visitor Chat on your website and Facebook page to gather leads for your sales team 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, 365 days of the year.
- Use local and national SEO to attract potential customers to your website.
- Run paid Facebook advertising campaigns.
- Buy leads (but be careful how you go about it).
- Always focus on improving customer service (yes this is lead generation).
Ok, so now we can look at each one of these points in more detail and see how they can help you to sell more vehicles, parts, services or products.
Use Visitor Chat to Collect Leads on Your Site and Facebook Page
Visitor Chat is a fully managed chat support system for the automotive industry.
Our in house, bespoke, chat software is installed on your website or Facebook page and then our team of highly trained auto experts takes over.
Whenever someone lands on your Facebook page or your website, they will be asked if they need any help.
If they do, our team will chat to them via the text chat box, during this process they can gather the visitor’s details and create leads for your sales team to follow up as soon as possible.
In a nutshell Visitor Chat is a highly effective method of converting people browsing the internet into highly targeted leads for your sales team to convert into paying customers. You can find out more on this link…
Using Local and National SEO to Attract New Customers to Your Site
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization, it is the process of making your site and your Google maps listing relevant and trusted enough to get free traffic from the Google search results (aka the SERPs).
When done right it is a highly effective sales and lead-gen strategy. It is a huge subject but we have shared some basic advice on this post to help you get started with lead generation for car dealerships.
Run Paid Facebook Advertising Campaigns
Facebook is an incredibly powerful and highly target advertising platform.
You can use it to gather leads via your Facebook page or by sending traffic directly to your website.
If you have a Facebook page or profile it is really easy to get started. Just click on the “Advertising on Facebook” links and follow their step by step instructions.
Here are some tips to help you get going:
- Always run with a low cost per click and a low daily budget until you know what you are doing. This will prevent you from overspending on the wrong clicks.
- Zone in on small groups to target. A really simple way to do this is to target people who have liked your competitors Facebook pages. Another way is to target people in certain groups. If you sell Porsche cars for example you can target your ads at people who are in Porsche lovers Facebook groups.
- Split test different images and text. Until you test and analyze the data you never know what will work best, test, test and test again!
Buy Leads – But Be Careful As You Do It!
There are lots of companies selling leads for the automotive industry but the quality of these leads will vary greatly and it is easy to waste money if you are not careful.
Here are some tips to help you make the most of this idea:
- Do your research carefully before buying any leads. Ask for sample leads, understand exactly what you are getting for your money, etc.
- Start off small, buy some small test batches and assess the quality before investing more heavily.
- Make sure your sales team has the time, training and focus to maximize the ROI (return on investment) from these leads. There is no point in buying them if you or your team can’t convert them!
Also Work on Improving Customer Service
This one is often overlooked but is really important and probably one of the most powerful and effective lead-gen methods there is.
If you create an environment of continuous improvement of the customer service you deliver then you will create an army of brand ambassadors.
You will generate positive reviews, you will generate word of mouth recommendations and you will generate repeat sales for years and decades to come.
You should ask yourself every day “how can we better serve our customers?” then apply the answers.
Ok, so that is it for this short post, please don’t forget to check out the Visitor Chat system and feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
« Back to Blog